Welcome to "Hope Does Not Disappoint"


There are two key reasons I have finally decided to join the world of blogging:

First, my cancer has become active and there is a loving congregation and many family & friends who want to keep track of what is taking place. This provides a way for me to update them as often and with as much detail as they desire.

Second, the Lord often links Scripture with circumstances in life for a much more potent 1 - 2 punch. I have already found that to be true and I hope to share some of those lessons for those who are interested.

So almost every entry in this blog will have two parts to it: Body (what's happening physically with the treatments) and Spirit (what God is sharing as I open His Word).

Thanks for visiting. I hope some of the "Points Along The Road" in my journey are helpful and encouraging to you.

Dave




Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It can be said of Dave.....

It can be said of Dave, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will award to me on that day....." (2 Timothy 4:7&8). Dave's battle with lymphoma came to an end early this morning as he went to be with Jesus. He is completely healed!

While this is a sad time we do not "grieve like people who have no hope." (1 Thessalonians 4:23)
We know that as he took his last breath on this earth, he was instantly being welcomed by his Father in heaven. He is rejoicing in the presence of his Savior.

At this point, no arrangements have been made but they will be posted when available. The family rests in Jesus at this difficult time. Please pray as arrangements are finalized and also for family who will be traveling.
Posted by Calvary Staff

11 comments:

  1. wow. All my thoughts are with you. All of my heart is with you too.
    Dagney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave was a great man of God. I knew him since 1979 and he was a loving and God fearing man at that time. I pray for comfort and peace for his family and also for the family at Calvary. Thank you Pastor for being the man God designed you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A special word of thanks to a friend, colleague and mentor, who in the way he lived and died continued to his very last breath to be an inspiration and model of what it means to be a servant of the Lord. My deepest of sympathies to Andrea and the kids at this most difficult time of loss. His rewards in the kingdom will be many, not only from his own ministry, but the ministries of others like mine he shaped. I pray that will give you joy in your time of sadness.

    Pastor Walt Mayhew
    Christian Community Church
    Derby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I do know is that God is good, He is always loving, He is always on purpose. Dave's investment in the Church (Calvary, NEDA, EFCA, Sudan) and in his family will carry on through the fruit that is born. He kept the faith and taught the Word of God with clarity and power. Love and prayers for Dave's family AND church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to hear of your loss this morning. May God comfort you all as you seek the Love of God and His mission. May His comfort wrap you all tenderly in HIs arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking to that great day when we will all be united in glory, we will miss his smiling face and his loving concern, what an example of how to follow Christ. Our lives were enriched by his love and his example.

    We will be praying with the church family and with "his girls" as arrangements and adjustments are made.

    Bill and Elvia Chalmers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is with Jesus right now....how awesome! Pastor Dave will be missed. He meant a great deal to my family. He married me and my wife, dedicated each of our children and when each of them turn 16 years old, we'll be able to open the letters that he wrote to them. That will be a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All thoughts and prayers go out to you McIntyre's this day and in the days to come. The Lord bless all of you in this time of mourning a man who lived an upright life before all of us. Fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annette and I share your grief, Andrea and family. May you know His peace and comfort in these days and have the certain confidence that Dave is with our Lord in total joy, peace and freedom from pain.

    ReplyDelete