Welcome to "Hope Does Not Disappoint"


There are two key reasons I have finally decided to join the world of blogging:

First, my cancer has become active and there is a loving congregation and many family & friends who want to keep track of what is taking place. This provides a way for me to update them as often and with as much detail as they desire.

Second, the Lord often links Scripture with circumstances in life for a much more potent 1 - 2 punch. I have already found that to be true and I hope to share some of those lessons for those who are interested.

So almost every entry in this blog will have two parts to it: Body (what's happening physically with the treatments) and Spirit (what God is sharing as I open His Word).

Thanks for visiting. I hope some of the "Points Along The Road" in my journey are helpful and encouraging to you.

Dave




Saturday, March 19, 2011

Difficult days....

Well.....he's home! Somehow, "coming home from the hospital" has the connotation of someone getting better. However, right now, we as a family are trying to wrap our minds around the fact that Dave is not getting better. Even though the infection he had was successfully treated and even though he did get several units of blood and platelets during the 4 days he was at the hospital, he is still gradually losing his battle with cancer. This is no surprise to God; we know that God is sovereign and He will not take Dave home one day sooner than He originally planned. But we will confess that this is a very difficult time for us.....we were hoping to have our dad/husband around for many more years. We are totally trusting in God's plan, His timing and His will, knowing He is our LOVING heavenly Father and will see us through whatever lies before us. We don't walk this road alone....we're so thankful He is right beside us!

We have been so encouraged by the many ways you have reached out to us and we have been upheld by your prayers! In these difficult days that lie ahead, can we ask that you continue to hold us up in prayer and ask that God's strength, comfort and peace be ours? We would really appreciate that! Thank you again for your expressions of love!

~ Andrea and the girls

11 comments:

  1. Your post must have been one of the most difficult to write. We can't find words to express our hearts. With great admiration for your family, we send our love. Harry & Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our love is with you, our prayers are with you and our hearts hurt with you. We know our God is loving and merciful, filled with compassion and we pray His grace in abundance for you at this time. Know you are loved, admired and held up in prayer.

    Yours in Christ,
    Bill and Elvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. John 14
    12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask[c] anything in My name, I will do it.
    Let´s bow our knees and pray, I belive in cure, if we ask with faith. Love in Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all constantly in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your family are the True expression of real strong christian faith. The amount of glory God has received through you all during this very HARD time,and how you all have shown your complete trust and reliance on Him, is immeasurable. I know these words do not help to ease the pain in your hearts, but know you are all loved very much. You are our extended family, and we feel your hurt. We are still standing in faith as we wait on God for that miracle, and you all are in our constant prayers. With our love The Pappas'

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are in constant prayer, with with pleads and groans appealing to the Spirit. What a great blessing you all are for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pastor Dave your life has been a true testimony to the Savior you serve. I love you PD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Pastor Dave and family, I don't know if you remember us, but we have a special place in our hearts for you. My husband, Steve, interviewed for a youth pastor position at Calvary Church in the spring of 1998. My husband was just completing his seminary training at Denver Seminary when we visited CT. Your heart for God, your family and the people you shepherd was so evident to us. We have never forgotten your hospitality and the special people we met at Calvary. We had a brief opportunity to see you again in 2002 as I completed my physician assistant clinical training at Norwalk Hospital. Your family and Church will be in our prayers and thoughts. May you all be filled with peace and the overwhelming presence of our Father. Steve and Jennifer Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for the struggles you have been through. Trinity Baptist church prayed for you. We printed your blog in our bulletin. Keep fighting for the Lord's grace and love. To overpower you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear PD, Many people here in Tanzania and Sudan are praying for you and that God might still provide a miracle. You are an inspiration to us all! We Love You!

    Dear Andrea, We love you and are praying that God will continue to give you and the girls the strength you need during these difficult days.
    You are an incredible woman of faith!

    Tony Freitas (and the Pageri Sudan ministry team)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not Ready For Goodbye
    © Megan Adams

    I'm not ready for goodbye,
    Nor so long or see ya later.
    Not ready for the end,
    Not ready for this reality.
    I'm not ready for this life,
    one without you in it.
    I'm not ready for your goodbye.
    maybe someone else's,
    anyone else's,
    just not yours,
    never ever yours.
    Death doesn't become of you,
    It isn't your best color,
    So could they change the prognosis,
    Tell me it was just a mistake,
    Just another misdiagnosis.
    Please remind me you are indestructible,
    just like we always used to believe,
    Tell me you are still my guardian,
    And still going to be living.
    Please tell me daddy,
    You will still always be my best friend.
    Please tell me you will never leave me,
    And you will be here till the end.
    Tell me I'm having a nightmare,
    And I will wake up in the morning,
    With all these things being nothing but another forgotten dream.
    Tell me you will always love me,
    And stay with me,
    My selfishness wants you to always stay by my side.
    Knowing that you are going to be gone,
    Won't make your leaving any easier.
    I love you do much daddy,
    Infinity and Beyond.
    Ms Krista McTintyre's former students
    Tangela , Genell , Latifah , Cinamon & Brianna

    ReplyDelete